The Global Cheese Awards
The Frome & District Agricultural Society is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We’ve structured our Website so that, in general, you can visit The Global Cheese Awards, on the Web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
The Frome & District Agricultural Society, provides this Online Privacy Statement to make you aware of our Privacy Statement, practices and of the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Links to third party Websites on the site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the The Global Cheese Awards site. The Frome & District Agricultural Society has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their Privacy Statement. Thus, The Frome & District Agricultural Society does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do so at your own risk.
The Frome & District Agricultural Society is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Email enquiries are transmitted by insecure means and stored off-line.
The Frome & District Agricultural Society Ltd is committed to protecting your personal data and processing it only in accordance with legal requirements. For more details please request a copy of our GDPR policy.
The Society is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) as a Data Controller, registration number: 000 101 127 90. The Society’s registered address is The Show Office, Rodden Road, Frome, Somerset, BA11 2AH
The Data Controller is the Manager of the Society and can be contacted at the above address. Any complaints about our use of data, requests for copies of that data and any issues with its collection, retention and disposal should be addressed to the Data Controller at the above address
This policy relates to data that we hold electronically and in paper files.
- When joining the Society as a member, booking a trade stand, entering to exhibit or other related activities, we will need to use your personal contact details to process and manage your application/booking and to provide you with relevant information
- Your contact information may also be used to provide you with marketing information about the show, other Society events and related services which may be of interest. You have the option to opt out of this at any time by contacting the Data Controller. We will stop any processing of your data for direct marketing as soon as we receive an objection.
- Your data will be kept safely and securely by us and only shared with authorised personnel such as breed societies and other regulatory bodies. To see our methods of secure data storage and processing please request to see our GDPR policy
- The retention of data will be as necessary where we have a legal obligation or other legitimate reason for doing so unless you request it is deleted. We will keep your data on record for approximately 2 years after your last subscription renewal/entry/booking. If you wish for your details to be deleted before this period please contact the Data Controller
- You have the right to know what information we hold about you. In most cases we will hold your title, full name, email address, postal address, telephone number and the company you work for. If you would like to see your record with us you may request to do so and this will be processed within one month
- You have the right to have any information we hold about you corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Unless the issue is complex, we will respond within one month.
- You have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to continue to hold it. This right is not absolute – we will tell you if it does not apply for example when we are compelled to keep your records by authorities such as DEFRA, to comply with our own legal obligations or to defend legal claims
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your data in certain circumstances
- You have the right to complain about our handling of your personal data. In the first instance please contact the Data Controller of the Society and we will try to resolve however you also have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (www.ico.org.uk)
Please note that unless we receive a deletion or variation request, we will continue to maintain our active business relationship with you as per this policy.